The New Year! A Happy 2017!…any resolutions?
A time for Resolutions…Did you know? The ancient Babylonians are said to have been the first people to make New Year’s resolutions, over 4,000 years ago. They were also the first to hold recorded celebrations in honor of the new year—though for them the new year began not in January but in mid-March, when the crops were planted.
A New Year’s resolution list is a list of things that we want to do or keep throughout the year. The list usually includes tasks of self-improvement or betterment. Below are some of the more popular suggestions for you (gathered from the internet).
- Be Healthier: Join a gym, Do yoga, Eat healthy, etc.
- Stop wasting time: Use each minute of each hour of each day wisely as it will not coming back.
- Improve your skills: You get better opportunities when you have better skills.
- Travel: Traveling is the best way to learn.
- Become more active: Move around more.
- Become more confident: Confidence is the key to success.
- Spend more time with family & friends.
- Become grateful, happy and more polite.
- Quit smoking.
- Watch less TV and read more.
- Love unconditionally.
- Be more organized.
- Get out of debt and save money.
- Volunteer and donate more often.
- Learn new skills or hobbies.