DST, or Daylight Saving Time, has had a very interesting history, including….
- Benjamin Franklin jokingly suggested to the editor of the “Journal of Paris” to wake up earlier to save candles. That was in 1784.
- Germany was the first country to use DST in 1916.
- Daylight Saving Time is sometimes referred to as “Fast Time”.
- DST was first introduced in the US in 1918 when President Woodrow Wilson signed into law to support the war effort (World War I).
- The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time.
If you want more information on DST, click here.