An old-fashioned Parade, Celebration, and hometown Rodeo during White Bird Days on Father’s Day weekend in mid-June is always wildly popular. Other fun, family events range from a Sausage Feed in March, to Art Shows & Sales, Chili Cook-Offs, and more. Check this page for contact information about our events and family festivals occurring throughout the year in White Bird, Idaho.
Community events and festivals occur frequently in White Bird, Idaho and in addition to the annual Festival & Parade in mid June, range from trap shoots, to Easter Egg Hunts, bike rides, a Halloween youth party, the Rebekah Turkey Dinner, and Christmas programs….there’s a lot going on in this small town in north central Idaho
White Bird Gun Club – 10 WEEK WINTER SHOOT
Begins: Sunday January 11, 2015 at 10 am ‘sharp’ (Pacific)
Practice times at the gun club are every Saturday, from December ’til end of 10 week shoot, beginning at 10 am
Junior shooters are welcome!
Call for more information: 208.839.2653
Volunteer Fireman’s Ball & Auction
Saturday, February 14
Fundraiser for regional volunteer fire departments: White Bird, Riggins & Grangeville
Location: Hoots Cafe, Hwy 95, White Bird
Special Valentines Dinner Menu from 5 to 8pm – Hootie’s Baby Back Ribs, NY Steak or Prime Rib
Dance & Auctions begin at 7 pm (Pacific Time)
Cost: $10/couple or $5/individual
Music performed by Joaquin & Verna Lowe and Dave Dixon
Live & Silent Auction (funds raised to be split between the 3 volunteer fire departments)
Art Show & Sale “March Miniature Madness”
Saturday, March 21
The Salmon River Art guild is presenting a collection of miniature art pieces and all priced at less than $50
Held at Hoots Cafe from 8am to 3pm (Pacific)
8th Annual Joe Wilson St. Paddy’s Day Sausage Feed
Sunday, March 15
- Time: 7:30am to Noon (Pacific)
- Where: IOOF Hall, Downtown White Bird
- Cost: $8 / meal for adults; $5/ kids
- Yummy family style breakfast, complete with locally prepared & very delicious sausage, eggs, pancakes, juice & coffee
- It’s Fun!
- Hosted by the White Bird Chamber, this event is a major fundraiser with proceeds shared with the local EMTs
- See last year’s flyer for an idea of this year’s event until the 2015 flyer is finished….Sausage Feed Flyer Final 2014..
White Bird Rodeo Queen Tryouts
March 2015 – visit the White Bird Rodeo website to learn details
The White Bird Rodeo is celebrating their 25th Anniversary this year! Girls, 14-18 years of age living in Idaho, Lewis or Adams counties, are eligible for the Tryouts to be held at the White Bird Arena south of town on Hwy 95. Call (208) 983-1726 for more information.
APRIL – 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt - April xxxx, 11am at the old White Bird School – now part of the new Parks & Rec District
- Sunrise Service at the White Bird Battlefield Overlook. Enjoy a free breakfast at 8:30am at the Pleasant View Baptist Church. Easter Worship: 10 am
- Gun Show! April xxxxxx at Hoots Cafe
MAY – 2015
COMMUNITY-WIDE YARD Sale - maybe this year! Stay tuned for more details
Local residents will have their ‘stuff’ for sale throughout the area. The local Art Guild and some other folks will have their wares for sale on Friday only at Swiftwater RV Park.
Cinco de Mayo Dinner
Saturday, May XXX 3pm to 6pm
A fundraiser event hosted by the local Rebekah Royal Gem Lodge #13. The ladies will be preparing a fabulous Mexican fare, made from scratch, including popular Enchiladas, Burritos, Rice, Beans, plus all the ‘fix’ins’ ….and probably more! Cost for an adult: $7 and youth ages 6 to 12: $4 and for the real young’ins: $2.
High School Rodeo
White Bird Arena – free admission! Performances & concessions.
Old Time Fiddlers
Enjoy this annual event at Hoots Cafe! Go & listen, or bring your guitar, fiddle, bass, or voice, and join in. Music is played all day long on both days, and into the evening.
Stew & Soup Cook-Off
DATE To Be Determined
Cook your favorite stew or soup recipe downtown during this fun outdoor fundraising event sponsored by the Medical Relief & Fund. Local youth will be selling flowers for Mother’s Day.
5th Annual Hells Canyon ATV Ride – maybe in 2015
May 24, 25 & 26 (Saturday, Sunday & Monday)
Three different rides on 3 different days. $5/donation per person. Headquarters might be this year at Swiftwater RV Park . STay tuned for more info!
JUNE – 2015
“Just For the Hill of It” Bike Race – date to be determined
- Hammer Creek to the Top of the White Bird Summit – 13 miles!
- Annual Benefit for Hospice, by Syringa General Hospital
White Bird Days Parade and Celebration – Saturday, June XXXX
The 2015 family event is organized by the Medical Relief & Fund
- Theme: “TO BE DETERMINED“
- Parade, Games, Music, Food, and the Annual Salmon River Art Guild Art Show & Sale
- Live music & street dance on Friday evening and Saturday night, beginning around 8pm: Street Dance with music performed by “to be determined“
- Click this link to enter the Parade:
- Click Here (soon)for 2014 Vendor License Form
White Bird Rodeo – June 13 & 14 – 26th Annual Rodeo
- White Bird Arena (2 miles south of town off Hwy 95 on Rodeo Drive) alongside the Salmon River
- Friday night rodeo starts at 6pm
- Saturday afternoon rodeo starts at 4pm
ART SHOW & SALE – Saturday June XXXXX (During White Bird Days)
Celebrate with us at our annual White Bird Days Show & Sale in downtown White Bird at the historic IOOF Hall. We will have silent auction items and beautiful artwork on display, for enjoyment and purchasing. Raffle tickets will be available for an opportunity to win the “Round Robin” painting which will be painted over the course of the day by alternating artists demonstrating the process. Admission is free!
JULY – 2015
No calendar items available.
AUGUST – 2015
No calendar items available.
SEPTEMBER – 2015
No calendar items available.
OCTOBER – 2015
Regional Art Show & Silent Auction- Salmon River Art Guild
- October – dates to be determined
- Riggins, Idaho
- Visit the SRAG Facebook Page for more information.
Annual 6-month Cribbage Tournament
- Begins late in the month on a Saturday, starting at 2pm
- Silver Dollar Bar, downtown Whitebird 839.2293
Halloween Youth Program
DATE: Late October – 2015 date to be determined.
- 6:00 pm at the IOOF Hall, downtown
- Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Youth Costume Contest for all ages
- Tons of games and prizes
- Free hot dogs
NOVEMBER – 2015
Rebekah’s Turkey Dinner
Sunday, November XXXX, 2014
Bingo starts at 10am
Dinner served starting at Noon, until all gone
Donation cost: $7 per person
DECEMBER – 2014
(2015 events to be posted at a later date)
Lighted Christmas Parade! Theme: ‘Breast Cancer Awareness”
DATE: Saturday Dec 13, beginning at 6:30 pm (Pacific)
Enjoy home-cooked Chili, Cornbread & Hot Cocoa in the Park downtown before the Parade….prepared & served free of charge to the community by the White Bird Chamber of Commerce
Contact Carrie to enter the Parade! 208.507.2120
Hosted by Pleasant View Baptist Church
DATE: Saturday December 20, 10 am (Pacific)
All area women are invited to enjoy their gift to the community at this annual event. Tea and snacks will be served while listening to a guest speaker.
Call for more information 208.839.2220
Annual Christmas Program / Community Talent Show!
DATE: Saturday Dec 20, 6:00 pm (Pacific), at the IOOF Hall
Theme: “Snowflakes Are Falling”
It’s not Christmas in White Bird without attending this festive program that includes creative talent performed by our local youth and folks of all ages.
Contact Jessica at 208.839.2523 to enter into the Talent Show, and to volunteer your time to help
Christmas Eve Church Services
Pleasant View Baptist Church: 6 pm, Wednesday December 24th
Community Church: 3 pm Sunday, December 21st
New Years Celebrations!
Prime Rib Dinner & Dance at Hoots Cafe, Hwy 95 - New Year’s Eve, Wednesday Dec 30
Dinner: 5:00 to 8:00 pm (Pacific)
Dance: 8:00 pm
Hawaiian Luau at Mac’s Supper Club, downtown White Bird – New Year’s Eve, Wednesday Dec 30
Dinner will be a roasted pig, plus anything from the regular menu
Special Hawaiian cocktails!
Cover Charge: wear a Hawaiian costume, or bring canned food for Mac’s donation to a local food bank